Saturday, August 6, 2011

Tomb Trapper - Addictive little game

Action games are not my favorite genre. I can get carried away at times, but then the game has to offer something very special.
When it comes to this game I have no idea what it is, but it is definitely one of my favorites. Mind you, the game has been around for years! It may have been "the latest thing" when it was first published, but it certainly doesn't demonstrate any outstanding achievement at this point, and yet... it is still one of my favorites!
I may not play it for months, only to then try it again and get hooked - once again. It happens every single time.
Scary stuff actually!

The game has multiple levels, and each is more difficult than the last. This is how a level could look:


Your "mission" is to trap the freaky mummies (you'll see...) on each level by pushing boxes. When a mummy is surrounded with boxes and cannot move at all it is considered "trapped". The problem is that you can move in 4 directions and the mummies can move in 8! Each new level has more mummies for you to trap. If they get to you before you trap them, well, then you have failed and it's game over.

The concept is simple enough, the game play is very addictive...
Tomb Trapper is a fast-paced game, the background music is exciting and very fitting and did I mention that the mummies are freaky?

Have fun!

1 comment: